Which of the following are the most significant and beneficial promoters of nitric oxide in your body?
- Nitrate-rich plant foods such as arugula and red beets, combined with probiotics and high-intensity exercise
The most significant source of nitric oxide is dietary nitrates, which gut bacteria then convert into nitrite and then to nitric oxide. High-intensity exercise will also trigger the release of nitric oxide.
- Nitrate-rich processed meats and endurance exercise such as long-distance running
- Nitrate-rich plant foods such as arugula and red beets and endurance exercise such as long-distance running
- Nitrate-rich processed meats in combination with probiotics and high-intensity exercise
Which of the following statements is true?
- The FDA regulates and approves infant formula, ensuring nutritional quality is on par with breast milk
- Commercial infant formula has been linked to an increased risk of infant death
Research proves breast milk is the optimal food for newborns and young infants, while infant formula has been linked to an increased risk of infant death and potentially lifelong health problems.
- Over 80 percent of infants, globally, are exclusively breastfed for the first six months
- Research shows commercial infant formula provides health benefits comparable to breast milk
Which of the following is NOT a contributing factor to the elevated toxicity of farmed fish?
- Use of pesticides on aquafarms
- Naturally-occurring metals in the sea floor
Farmed fish are an inferior food source, in part by containing higher levels of toxins. Toxins in the fish feed, originating from contaminated fish and additives, and environmental concentrations of the chemicals have been identified as the two primary culprits.
- Toxic fish and additives used in fish feed
- Environmental pollution
Which of the following is NOT a potential cause of tinnitus?
- Severe thunder storms
Inner ear damage leading to tinnitus can be caused by loud sounds, medications, poor posture, head or neck injuries, TMJ problems, certain diseases, genetic disorders, ear infections and electromagnetic field (EMF) exposure.
- Electromagnetic field (EMF) exposure
- Listening to loud music through headphones
- Certain medications
Regardless of the type of exercise you do, it’s important that you base your workout on this to ensure the best outcomes for you and your heart:
- High intensity interval training
- Target heart rate zone
No matter what your approach to exercise, I cannot stress enough the importance of tracking your heart rate and paying attention to your target heart rate zone to give yourself and your heart the best workout possible.
- Intense cardio exercise
- Resting heart rate
Which of the following is considered “the Champagne of teas”?
- Oolong tea
- Matcha green tea
- Darjeeling tea
One of the most prized teas in the world — often referred to as “the Champagne of tea” — grows in the Darjeeling district in the Himalaya Mountains of Northern India. It is believed this unique mountain location is what makes Darjeeling tea so special.
- Puer tea
Which of the following therapies is highly recommended as an adjunct and/or primary treatment for heart disease, and is covered by most insurance plans in the U.S., including Medicare, for the diagnosis of angina?
- Sauna followed by cold plunges
- Enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP)
EECP is an effective adjunct to or primary therapy for heart disease, and may benefit a number of other conditions as well, including hypertension and diabetes. In the U.S., EECP is covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare, if you have a diagnosis of angina.
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy